Student Success statement
"I have been asked what I mean by 'word of honor.' I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls- walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching even so far into the ground- there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, never! I'd die first."
-Karl G. Maeser

What this statement means is that to keep your word when you say you won't do something. Keeping your word is giving your word of honor. For example, one afternoon my brother got home from soccer practice and he had to do his math homework. He got his backpack and sat at the table. He started doing his homework but i noticed that he would check his phone a lot. I asked him what he was doing and he said that he was doing his homework. I mean like i know your doing your homework but what are you doing on your phone when your suppose to be doing your work. He wouldn't tell me so i got his phone and he was cheating. He was using an app on his phone that would do his work for him. I told him that he shouldn't be doing that because he won't learn anything. I made him keep a word of honor to never use another app that will do his work for him. From that day forward he has done his work on his owen with no help of his phone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog