Student Success Statement

"Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company"

George Washington

This statement means to have friends of good than friends of bad and if you can't find any good quality people it's better to be alone than with bad people. For example, I had some neighbors that where doing good in school, they would help they're parents out and everything. I started to noticed that they would start to hang out with this group of guys. I was like ten when this happened. My dad would tell me to not hang out with them anymore and I was confused because we would always talk to them then we stopped. As time went by I started to noticed that the group of guys would just be inside their house when their parents weren't there. They ended up dropping out of school and started to treat their parents badly. They ended up going to jail multiple times. The group of guys that would always be outside were doing drugs and stuff. They ended up leaving the group but the damage was already done, they couldn't go back. Its better to be in good company than with bad company.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog