NEVER

Student Success Statement 

"You can't be right by doing wrong; you can't be wrong by doing right."
Thomas S. Monson




What this statement means is that don't expect to be right when doing something wrong and don't expect to be wrong when doing the right. For example, My cousin and I were walking home one day from the store. He is that type of kid that likes to take things that he finds for example money. So we were walking and I saw that money had fallen from the person in front of us. I told him "hey, look the ladies money fell." The first thing he does is pick it up and starts to walk. I thought he was going to go catch up to the lady to give her the money. I see that he turns the opposite direction than the lady. I call him and tell him that what is his thinking that he has to go give the money back to the lady. He said that he found the money and its his. I told him that that isn't right. The right thing to do is for him to return the money.Of course he thought I was wrong for doing what was right and he thought he was right for doing what is wrong. I decided to take the money from him and catch up to the lady and give it back to her. She thanked both of us for returning the money that she was going to buy food with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog